Remembering those who fought in the Great War.

Sucrerie Military Cemetery, Colincamps

Historical Information

The cemetery was begun by French troops in the early summer of 1915, and extended to the West by British units from July in that year until, with intervals, December 1918. It was called at first the 10th Brigade Cemetery. Until the German retreat in March 1917, it was never more than a 1.6 kilometres from the front line; and from the end of March 1918 (when the New Zealand Division was engaged in fighting at the Sucrerie) to the following August, it was under fire. The 285 French and twelve German graves were removed to other cemeteries after the Armistice, and in consequence there are gaps in the lettering of the Rows.

There are now 1103, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these 219 casualties are unidentified. 

The cemetery covers an area is 6,322 square metres and it is enclosed by a low brick wall. The cemetery was designed by Sir Reginald Blomfield.,%20COLINCAMPS

Inverclyde men and women listed at Sucrerie Military Cemetery, Colincamps