Remembering those who fought in the Great War.

St. Pol Communal Cemetery Extension

Historical Information

St. Pol-sur-Ternoise was an administrative centre during the whole of the war, taken over by British troops from the French in March 1916; and No.12 Stationary Hospital was posted on the race-course near the town from the 1st June 1916, to 1st June 1919.

The Extension was made alongside the "Cimetiere Thuillier" (which is more than 500 years old) by the French Tenth Army, and in March 1916-April 1918, the British Plot was added in the South-West quarter.

There are now over 200, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site.

The British Plot covers an area of 1,111 square metres.

Inverclyde men and women listed at St. Pol Communal Cemetery Extension