Beaumont-Hamel was attacked by the 29th Division on the 1st July 1916, but it could not be held. It was attacked again and taken on 13 November 1916 by the 51st (Highland) and 63rd (Royal Naval) Divisions.
Frankfurt Trench British Cemetery is named from a German trench about 1.6 kilometres North-East of the village, which remained in enemy hands until the German retreat early in 1917. The cemetery was made by the V Corps after that retreat, when their units cleared the Ancre battlefield, and it was known also as V Corps Cemetery No.11.
There are now over 150, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, over one-fifth are unidentified.
The cemetery covers an area of 427 square metres and enclosed by a concrete curb.
More info HERE