The village of Joncourt was immediately west of the German fortification called the Beaurevoir-Fonsomme Line. It was captured by Australian troops on 30 September 1918, and cleared by the 5th Australian and 32nd Divisions on the following day.
Joncourt British Cemetery contains 61 First World War burials, 55 of which belong to the 10th Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. All of the graves date from the period 30 September - 4 October 1918.
The cemetery was designed by W H Cowlishaw.